Community Groups and Activities
The parish community is known for its involvement in a variety of community activities.
Special social events for 2021: Refer to Future Events
Groups that meet on a regular basis, are:
- Men’s and Women's Fellowship Dinners held bi-monthly. Much enjoyed by everyone, come along for a tasty meal and convivial company. For further information, men contact Phil 0438 554 720 and women contact
Edith 0498 391 122.
First for the year held on Friday 7 May at 7.00pm.
- For the May 7 dinner, please let Julie or Phil know you would like to attend by Wednesday 3 March. Phil's contact details are 0438 554 720 [email protected] and Julie's 0429 578 948.
In 2021, men dine at New Oriental House, Shop 5, 563 Portrush Road, Glenunga and the ladies dine at Empress Restaurant, 351 Greenhill Road, cnr Sturt Avenue, Toorak Gardens
- Stitching Group, the Sew n Sew's, meets fortnightly on Wednesdays. Contact person: Sue Jackson Ph: 08 7220 7572
- Coffee and Chat - every Thursday at 10.45 am
Other regular events attended by people within the parish and the wider community. These include:
- Book and Produce Stalls
- Free concerts, held predominantly in the winter months
The parish supports Anglicare by providing weekly grocery items and seasonal necessities to the Magdalene Centre, as well as household items for refugees.