Community Groups and Activities
CHURCH & COMMUNITY NEWS:
The parish community is known for its involvement in a variety of community activities. Regular Community luncheons have been 'paused' because of COVID19 but we hope they can resume soon.
Special social events for 2020:
- February - Film Evening and shared meal in church hall
- March - Fringe event The Tempest
- April and May events cancelled - COVID casualties
- June 12 - Parish Progressive Dinner - COVID casualty
- July 14 - Visit to David Roche Foundation
- August 16 - Leprosy Breakfast fundraiser, after both services
- August 30 - SA Police Band - to be confirmed as re-programming because of COVID-19 complication
- September 15 - The Southern Encounter Steam Train to Victor Harbor and return. Train leaves from Mt Barker. $66 per person.
- October - Winery Tour
- November - BBQ and film
Various groups meet on a regular basis, including:
- Men’s and Women's Fellowship Dinners held bi-monthly. Men to contact Phil 0438 554 720 and women to contact Edith 08 8379 7225 for further information.
- Stitching Group, the Sew n Sew's, meets fortnightly on Wednesdays. Contact person: Sue Jackson Ph: 7220 7572
- ‘Coffee and a Chat’ - a welcoming social occasion every Thursday at 10 am
Other regular events attended by people within the parish and the wider community. These include:
- Book and Produce Stalls on election days
- Free concerts are held predominantly in the winter months
The parish supports Anglicare by providing weekly grocery items and seasonal necessities to the Magdalene Centre, as well as household items for refugees.